Jerusalem, ALRAY - The Israeli Occupation Authorities (IOA) commenced on Wednesday the construction of a Talmudic structure, west of Al Buraq Plaza in the occupied Palestinian city of Jerusalem, with erecting a crane in the area.
Jerusalemite sources reported that the plan to be implemented is deemed to be an enterprise to build a tourist and Judaizing versatile and multi-storey structure, west of Al Buraq plaza.
This settlement enterprise known as “Beit Haliba-Core House” will be established, just 200 meters from the western part of the al-Aqsa Mosque, by “the Western Wall Heritage Fund”, a governmental organization under the jurisdiction of the Prime Minister’s office.
The IOA seeks to carry out the plan on a ground area of some 2825 square meters, having two floors above the ground and a basement.
In accordance with the settlement plan that had been introduced in 2005, by the Company for the Reconstruction and Development of the Jewish Quarter in the Old City of Jerusalem, and has been approved after 10 years, the first floor of the structure is to include classrooms, auditorium, learning center, hall of the yearning, system rooms, and administrative rooms, with a total area of 740 square meters.
As of the second the floor, that have a total area of 765 square meters, there will be a large library, rooms for guides and classrooms.
The roof of the second floor will be opened to public and will serve as an observation deck that overlooking the Al Buraq Wall (Western Wall), al-Aqsa Mosqu Compound, and the Jerusalem’s Old City.
The basement will offer archeological assets that will be open to public, with a total area of 1320 square meters.
It should be noted that this settlement plan is a part of several Israeli plans being implemented around and inside the occupied Jerusalem's Old City, especially nearby the Al Buraq Wall (Western Wall) and the al-Aqsa Mosque, with the aim of Judaizing the Palestinian city of Jerusalem.