Gaza, ALRAY - Ministry of Information said in a report Tuesday the Israeli occupation committed dozens of violent acts against journalists last June.
According to the Ministry, the occupation escalated its violations in response to the disappearance of three Israeli settlers on June 12, 2014:
The occupation violent acts included:
- Arrest/Detention: (9 cases)
- Assault/Injuries: (8 cases)
- Threat/Summon for interrogation: (6 cases)
- Ban from covering events: (10 cases)
- Raid/Ransack media offices and Journalists' homes: (10 cases)
- Detention/Destruction of media equipment: (8 cases)
In the same respect, the Ministry confirmed that 27 violations against the journalists committed by the Palestinian security forces and unidentified groups pointing out that 3 violations took place in Gaza while 27 violations took place in the occupied West Bank.