Gaza, ALRAY - Gaza pilgrims left on Wednesday morning for Saudi Arabia to perform Hajj rituals, an annual season of Islamic pilgrimage to Macca.
The Egyptian authorities reported a damage in the computer system after one bus managed to cross through the Egyptian gate upon opening at 9:00 am.
Director General of the Crossings Department Maher Abu Sabha told ALRAY that although the Egyptian side informed us of the malfunction in the crossing computer network, the departure of pilgrims has not affected because their passports were previously stamped.
About 700 of 2300 Palestinian from Gaza are due to leave for Mecca today, Abu Sabha added.
The Egyptian side told PM Ismail Haniyeh earlier that the crossing would be open on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday to the potential Gaza pilgrims.
Abu Sabha pointed out that the first plane will take off at 11:00pm from the Cairo airport, the second at 4:00 am, and the third leave at 6:00am , wishing all of them to land safely.
Minister of Religious Affairs Ismail Radwan checked on the passengers at the Palestinian crossing point, and bade them farewell.
“We want you to be model ambassadors for Palestine, Jerusalem, and Al-Aqsa Mosque and to transfer the suffering, hopes and ambitions of their people,” he said.