Alray App
$300,000 losses of fishermen port due to winter storm: Palestinian official
$300,000 losses of fishermen port due to winter storm: Palestinian official
related post

Gaza, ALRAY - The Ministry of Transport and Communications(MOTC) in Gaza said that the losses of Gaza port estimated to $300,000 in the last disastrous cold front.

Director General of Ports in Gaza Sa’ed Ammar said in a press release on Sunday morning that the precautionary measures taken by the ministry before the beginning of the storm contributed to mitigating the damages.

Ammar pointed out that the ministry crews evacuated 200 drifters inside the port and activated the wave breaker throughout the day and night during the winter storm; so this reduced the average of losses significantly.

He noted that his ministry had previously warned of the weakness of wave breaker due to the Israeli prevention of entering cement to strengthen the breaker.

He said the ministry collected 500 tons of cement blocks from the streets of Gaza in order to consolidate the breaker.

He said that the breaker will not do well in case of a new cold front hits Gaza.

The Palestinian government provided 600 cement blocks while it needs about 4,000 to 5,000 blocks which cost $2.5millon.



960273_10201600457228081_1630418222_n

997005_10201600458268107_1879953676_n

1472068_10201600456948074_1185741639_n

1476497_10201600457668092_1233207855_n

1497690_10201600456548064_1327457151_n

1509016_10201600458908123_905808921_n

 

 

comments
CAPTCHA code