We call on the International Community, United Nations, the European Union, and The USA Administration to take immediate actions and procedures to protect the economic sector of the Gaza Strip which has lost approximately 70% of its abilities through targeting the economic infrastructure. According to the Ministry of Interior, it is estimated that 70% of the local economy and economic infrastructure of the private sector in the Gaza Strip have been exposed to total devastation and destruction and this resulted in the loss of about 2 billion dollars.
- More than 60% of the Gazans working in economic bodies are now badly affected and have become without jobs.
- Many economic factories, institutions and warehouses have been destroyed indiscriminately by the Israeli warplanes.
We urgently demand that:
- Israel should open the crossings and allow the immediate entry of goods, commodities and containers which still exist inside Ashdod Port and the Green Line.
- Israel shall abide by the international law and the signed economic agreements and conventions. - Israel shall completely stop targeting the economic bodies.
- Israel shall immediately provide the food supplies and other basic needs. - Israel shall promptly allow the entry of medical supplies and equipment.
- Israel shall promptly allow the entry of fuel to prevent any environmental disasters, pollution, and diseases.
- The economic bodies and institutions must be protected by all means. We call on you to stop this genocide and to protect civilians and the economic infrastructure. We are sorry to inform you that the construction and the rebuilding of the economic infrastructure of the Gaza Strip may require decades to regain its stability and functionality.