The Government media office issued a daily report to sum up the impacts of the unjust blockade imposed on the Gaza Strip since 2006 and the influence of the recent procedures taken by Egyptian Authorities on the lives of the Palestinian people living in the Gaza which lead to destroying the tunnels and closing the Rafah border.
The First victim of blockade
- Abed Al-Jawad Abu Sadah,40, a Palestinian patient with heart disease died on Thursday due to a sudden heart attack. He was trying to travel to Jordan to complete his medical treatment but the Egyptian Authorities refused to let him travel via Rafah crossing.
- The amount of stored medicine has decreased to 30%. 145 types of medicine and 460 of medical disposables have run out.
- Nearly one thousand patients are prevented from getting medical treatment in the Egyptian hospital. Over 300 referral cases received treatment in Egypt per month.
- The fuel shortage will led to environmental and humanitarian crisis.
- 205 water wells provides water for 1 million and 800 thousands citizens will affected negatively, in addition that 57 sewage plants will be stopped.
- The wastewater treatment plant stopped functioning and the municipalities are going to pump the sewage water into the sea.
- Garbage Trucks will stopped also.
Sanitation condition :
Most of garbage cars which used to collect garbage and took it to the main landfill out of towns stopped functioning due to fuel shortage which, consequently, will led to environmental pollution.