The Government media office issued a daily report to sum up the impacts of the unjust blockade imposed on the Gaza Strip since 2006 and the influence of the recent procedures taken by Egyptian Authorities on the lives of the Palestinian people living in the Gaza which lead to destroying the tunnels and closing the Rafah border.
- Crossings and borders
- Rafah crossing is still closed for the 23rd consecutive days, it opens partially for few hours according to a decision made by Egyptian Authorities.
- Israeli occupation allowed the entrance of 450 good trucks to the Gaza Strip via Karem Abu Salem crossing.
- The truck loaded with goods for trade and agriculture sectors including ;40 truckloads with gravel, 20 with cement and 10 with construction iron for international construction projects only.
- The amount of stored medicine has decreased to 30%. 145 types of medicine and 460 kind of medical disposables have run out.
- Nearly one thousand patients are prevented from getting medical treatment in the Egyptian hospital. Over 300 referral cases received treatment in Egypt per month.
- The electricity outages for 12 hours a day, the lack of fuel necessary for working the electrical generators and ambulances increased and the need of fuel had risen to 360.000 liters a month
- Emergency cases are referred to the West Bank and Israeli hospitals, but the Israeli occupation refused to receive some of these cases for “security excuses”.
- Ministry of Economy said that the production of date has increased this year up to 1500 tons of the last year. Due to closure of borders , framers are unable to export their production which means that they face great losses.
- Due to lack of fuel and power cuts, the municipality of the north of the Gaza Strip was forced to bump sewage water into tanks which is allocated to be filled up with only 2500 liters of water and it now reached to 7500 liters . Theses tanks could be flooded in anytime and put the life of citizens, inhabited in these areas, in danger.
Fuel crisis :
- The fuel crisis is worsening especially after the Egyptian Authorities intensifies its measures and prevent the entrance of fuel to the Gaza Strip.