Gaza, ALRAY - The Egyptian authorities have been closing the Rafah crossing in both directions for the second day in a row.
The crossing opened part-time for three consecutive days exceptionally before being closed again on Thursday, November 21.
An official of Border Crossings Administration in Gaza told ALRAY "we’ve not been informed so far about when any potential opening could be,"
Only three buses [50 each] of passengers have been allowed in Egypt Thursday, he added.
After the July coup against President Mohamed Morsi, Egypt's army has repeatedly shut down the Rafah crossing and destroyed hundreds of Gaza tunnels into Egypt, used for the entry of basic needs life fuel and building materials.
Robert Turner, head of the UN agency for Palestinian refugees, who has recently visited Gaza along with James Rawley, the UN's humanitarian coordinator for the Palestinian territories, warned of the worsened humanitarian situation there.
"The closures of the tunnels has led to a near total collapse of private sector constructions, as it compounded the constraints due to the pre-existing ban on construction materials from Israel for the private sector," said the UNRWA chief.
Oxfam had said Gazans were still "trapped under the Israeli blockade and largely cut off from the outside world" despite the ceasefire meant to allow the movement of people and goods in and out of the enclave.
"Exports allowed out of Gaza have dropped by half since 2012 and Palestinian fishermen and farmers continue to be prevented from accessing the most productive areas," the British charity said in a statement.
The Gaza Strip has been under a severe economic blockade imposed by Israel since 2006.